Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Struggeling Forward

Normally, I would write about the things that I am learning in class. I mean, that was the point of this entire blog. I wanted the world to get an idea of ways that school can be fun through the eyes of a student. I felt that it would be better that way. Many teachers have done this, but all you are getting is their ideas and views. I wanted to present the feelings of a student that is going through it, experience the new changes that are taking place across school.

But, why can't I take my blog a step further? Why can't I express more then the education I am going through? I want to start sharing the norms of a teenagers live. Maybe that way more people can see why they are doing the things that they do. Maybe then teens wont be as misunderstood.

As a teen myself, one that has gone through many of the difficulties, I know what it's like out there. High school, even middle and elementary school, is nothing but one giant ocean filled to the brim with sharks. Life gets crazy, and many have no clue how to handle things on their own. And it isn't from lack of trying. Many have tried all they could, but when they reached out their hands, they are left to fend for themselves. Too many people are focused solely on their own problems to help another. And when a teen has to endure that pain and hurt, they shut themselves off for them world, and turn to things that they should never have even seen.

One of the biggest things that is going through the school systems is bullying. I know it seems like I'm beating a dead horse with this one, but it is something that is seen everyday. In the past week, I have witnessed about five fights. What can cause all of this pent up anger?

All it takes is for one person that is different, someone that doesn't fit the norm, and the ball begins to roll. At first little more then words are shared, but as that ball picks up speed, the real problems begin to take form. Things escalate to shouting and, with enough force driving it, things turn physical. And the attacks can be brutal. I have seen more blood shed by fists then was ever needed. I personally can't see the satisfaction in hitting another human being.

Many adults say that teens are ruthless, that they don't care. But when you ask them where they are getting it all form, the parents have no idea where to point the finger. Sadly, more often then not, they should point the finger at themselves. They often are the ones that instill the core values into their children. But, that isn't true all the time. There are MANY parents out there that have a wonderful home life and have nothing but love for their kids. And still, some don't come out so well. So where is it coming from then? Well, society. Outside, the world is cut throat. Every election year, we see the politics going at each other, trying to make one another look bad. And the youth is seeing this. They are thinking that because the people running the country act like this, it is fine and dandy. It's time that the real world sees this and fixes it.

I'm the type of person that will talk straight to your face and sort things out. And, if in the end, should things not get resolved, I wipe my hands clean and leave you to yourself. I don't allow myself to dwell on the past, because you miss what's to come. So, with my head held high, I can rest knowing that I have done the things needed to try to fix the problem. And I can rest easy with that.

I wish I could instill this into more people. I have come to find that sharing love and hope with others is the best way to reach them. Being the writer that I am, I cranked out a 3 page, 2 column poem. The poem is me telling the world that I have gone through things, but I haven't let them defeat me. So, with the wind on my back, I have opened my arms to the world, inviting it to take hold of me, to feel the love and hope that I have to offer. My only request in the end is that, should I help them, that they in turn turn to the world and open their arms. I want them to stand next to me and love without question, without thinking, without caring what the person has done, without discrimination.


I hope my words will one day impact every generation, both older and younger. I want the world to love one another, to truly live as on community. The fighting needs to stop. War needs to end. Hate needs to be stomped out. And for that to happen, we need people to stand up and take control. Start with the teens and the children, for we are the ones that will decide where the world to go. Maybe with your help, we WILL see a better tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. This is without a doubt my favorite blog. I just love seeing you talk about life, opinions, and experiences in general without even being assigned to do it! You do it in such a refreshing way and with all of the hardships that have been occurring, you have such an optimistic outlook on it. That gives me the confidence to look forward to a better tomorrow. I applaud you Kyle! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kyle,
    I am right there with you... I just don't get the physicality of fighting. period. Never have, never will. i get that people will have differences of opinion, and disagreements, etc. but can't understand why it seems so acceptable to physically assault another person. I wonder what we can do to make people more aware that despite hearing and seeing it in other places, it is not right.

    And, insofar as your hopes that your words will one day have an impact, blogging is certainly a way to get there... by doing so, you are archiving your thoughts and getting them out of your head... this ability will prove so beneficial to you in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ms. Nestico. I'm glad that you are there to follow me and trying to clean up my blog. You are an INCREDIBLE teacher! One of my favorites, although I'm sure I'm not allowed to say that. Glad to know that you take an interest in the things that students do outside of school, along with the things that they do in the classroom. Hope that even after graduation, we can continue to stay in contact one way or another!

      Delete